Patrol men wrote about the Church of the Nativity as early as 1621, "There is a church in Rozhdestvenskaya gorka Sloboda (settlement), owned by Ivan Semyonov Sergievsky..." Later the settlement was confiscated from the landowner and handed over to Kashinsky posad, including the Church.
In 1774 to 1786, the wooden building was reconstructed in stone. It was a small one-dome church with a three-tiered bell tower crowned with a spire and a round apse. The Church stood on the right bank of the Kashinka River.
During the reconstruction of 1868–1870, a large refectory with side chapels and a new bell tower were attached to the building. The church rectangular got a different top. The facades were made in the Russian Revival style.
In 1929, the bells were removed; the icon stand was dismantled.
In February 1934, the iron roof was taken to pieces. In summer, the crosses were taken down and the roof was completely broken.
In 1937, the bell tower's tent was dismantled. A warehouse of Zagotzerno facility occupied the Church.
In 1947, a fitting shop of an industrial plant was arranged in the building.
In 1983, the Church was partially restored. However, the bell tower was not reconstructed. The building was handed over to the church; the cross was restored; church services were resumed.
The Church of St. Elijah (the Transfiguration Church) is the oldest parish church with five domes. It was built from 1775 to 1778. However, a wooden Transfiguration church with St. Elijah's side chapel was mentioned in the census book of 1709.
Double dedication was explained by two side chapels. They predetermined two-storey structure of the Chu...
In the 17th century, Mikhail Fyodorovich, the first tsar of the Romanov dynasty, donated land for a construction of the Church of the Ascension in Kashin.
The stone church was constructed in 1799. Earlier on its site, there was the wooden Church of the Ascension, destroyed in 1709. This is the town's large-scale structure, second only to the Cat...
The Church of the Entry into Jerusalem is an example of the original Kashin architecture. The Church has been known under this name since 1401. In 1774, it was permitted to build "a stone church… instead of two ramshackle wooden churches…"
The building is situated on an open site, not in the centre but shifted to Moskovskaya Street. It features ...