WorldWalk.info
ru ru en en de de  
Health Resorts, Hotels
Health Resorts, Hotels
Museums, Exhibitions
Museums, Exhibitions
Dolphinariums, Water Parks
Dolphinariums, Water Parks
Nature
Nature
Architecture, Monuments
Architecture, Monuments
Holy Places
Holy Places
Parks, Amusement Parks
Parks, Amusement Parks
Theatres, Cinemas
Theatres, Cinemas

Monument to A. S. Pushkin on the Moika River (Saint Petersburg)

12 Embankment of the Moika River, St. Petersburg, Metro stations: "Gostiny Dvor", "Nevsky Prospekt".

Monument to Alexander Pushkin was opened on the 5th of October in 1952 in the yard of the 12th building in the Moyka Embankment. It was designed and built by sculptor N. V. Didikin and architect N. A. Medvedev.

The sculpture is cast in bronze; pedestal is made of crushed stone. The sculpture is 1.7 metres (5.6 feet) in height; the height of the pedestal is also 1.7 metres (5.6 feet).

There are signs on the left side of the monument: "N. Didikin, 1950", and from behind: "Cast in the workshop of the Academy of Arts of the USSR, 1951". On the face side of the pedestal, it is engraved in cast letters "To Pushkin, 1950".

Image Gallery Image Preview (6)

Monument to A. S. Pushkin on the Moika River



info@worldwalk.infoinfo@worldwalk.info