WorldWalk.info
ru ru en en de de  
Health Resorts, Hotels
Health Resorts, Hotels
Museums, Exhibitions
Museums, Exhibitions
Dolphinariums, Water Parks
Dolphinariums, Water Parks
Nature
Nature
Architecture, Monuments
Architecture, Monuments
Holy Places
Holy Places
Parks, Amusement Parks
Parks, Amusement Parks
Theatres, Cinemas
Theatres, Cinemas

Krestoznamenskaya Church, Church of the Sign of the Holy Cross (Kashin)

8 A Kurortnaya Street, Kashin.

The Krestoznamenskaya Church, built from 1782 to 1784, is a modest small temple similar to most Kashin churches built in the second half of the 18th century. It is situated on the right bank of the Kashinka River. The Church has two floors. An unheated part, used for summer services, is downstairs; while upstairs there is a heated winter church (1784).

Its architectural look combines traditional features with baroque and classic elements. The Church is notable for its smoothly curved roof which goes right along the vault.

From 1869 to 1872, the Church was enlarged in accordance with a design by civil engineer A. Fedotov. A refectory was completed with its western part and a forechurch with stairs. Very close to the forechurch, a bell tower with a spire was built. The bell tower is much higher than the Church itself.

The building was reconstructed from 1974 to 1979 and used as archives for long time.

In 1992, it was returned to the Russian Orthodox Church. Today, the Church runs a Sunday school for children.

Image Gallery Image Preview (4)

Krestoznamenskaya Church, Church of the Sign of the Holy Cross



info@worldwalk.infoinfo@worldwalk.info