WorldWalk.info
ru ru en en de de  
Health Resorts, Hotels
Health Resorts, Hotels
Museums, Exhibitions
Museums, Exhibitions
Dolphinariums, Water Parks
Dolphinariums, Water Parks
Nature
Nature
Architecture, Monuments
Architecture, Monuments
Holy Places
Holy Places
Parks, Amusement Parks
Parks, Amusement Parks
Theatres, Cinemas
Theatres, Cinemas

Church of the Life-Giving Trinity in Kozhevniki (Moscow)

4/6 2nd Kozhevnichesky Lane, Moscow (tel.: +7 495 235-87-69), Metro station: "Paveletskaya", "Proletarskaya".

The Church was built from 1686 to 1689 (the high altar is dedicated to the Life-Giving Trinity) in a settlement of fur dressers (Russian: "kozhevniki") instead of a wooden church of the same name (known since 1625).

Several years later, a refectory with side chapels dedicated to SS. Cyrus and John and St. Paraskevi the Great Martyr was constructed. In 1772, a bell tower, with a church of St. Michael the Archangel inside, and a fence were added. They were supposedly designed by architect Ivan Zarudniy. The Church was renovated in Russian and Byzantine style in 1899.

The square building had five domes and an altar projection. The rectangular Baroque bell tower featured an octagonal tier.

After 1917 Russian Revolution, the Church was shut down. The domes were destroyed. Annexes were added to the altars. A factory fence was attached to the bell tower's western wall. The factory's storage area was situated in the building. Later it was replaced with workshops of the scientific and restoration plant. In the 1970s and 1980s, the Church was reconstructed. The domes, crosses, former window shape were restored. Internal partitions were removed. A concert hall was opened in the building.

Today, the Church is functional.

Image Gallery Image Preview (5)

Church of the Life-Giving Trinity in Kozhevniki



info@worldwalk.infoinfo@worldwalk.info