WorldWalk.info
ru ru en en de de  
Health Resorts, Hotels
Health Resorts, Hotels
Museums, Exhibitions
Museums, Exhibitions
Dolphinariums, Water Parks
Dolphinariums, Water Parks
Nature
Nature
Architecture, Monuments
Architecture, Monuments
Holy Places
Holy Places
Parks, Amusement Parks
Parks, Amusement Parks
Theatres, Cinemas
Theatres, Cinemas

Church of SS. Peter and Paul in Soldatskaya Sloboda (Moscow)

4 Soldatskaya Street, Moscow (tel.: +7 495 361-42-15), Metro stations: "Baumanskaya", "Aviamotornaya".

http://hramlefortovo.ru

The Church was built and dedicated to St. Nicholas in 1613. It had side chapels of SS. Peter and Paul and St. Irene the Great Martyr. Consecration was held on 5 May. Tsar Mikhail Romanov attended the consecration ceremony.

In the late 17th century, the Church of the Resurrection was controlled by a military hospital and situated in a garden owned by Franz Lefort, the first colonel of the 1st Moscow Regiment, who had an idea to rebuilt and extend it for his regiment and connect to the name of Peter the Great. In 1696, the Colonel Franz Lefort reconstructed the Church at his own expense.

The Church was completely rebuilt in 1711 with support from Peter the Great and consecrated on 1 June in the name SS. Peter and Paul. An inscription on the Church's cross evidences this. An original brick polychrome platband on the southern portal survived.

The high altar is a northern one and dedicated to SS. Peter and Paul the Apostles. It has side chapels of St. John the Evangelist and the Venerable Sergius of Radonezh and a belltower. In 1904, the Church was damaged by hurricane.

The Church is a rectangular with five domes, a lopsided refectory, and a tented-roof belltower. The 18th-century interior, a Baroque wooden gilded icon stand and Empire icon stands of the side chapels survived. The Church has never been shut down. The bells remained intact.

The Church's sacred objects include the wonder-working Pochaevskaya Icon of the Theotokos (moved to the Church in the 1930s), the icon of Mother of God "Indestructible Wall", the icon of St. Panteleon (brought from Mount Athos), and relics of St. Michael of Tver.

Image Gallery Image Preview (6)

Church of SS. Peter and Paul in Soldatskaya Sloboda

Доставка цветов в Полевской среди цветов.



info@worldwalk.infoinfo@worldwalk.info